1. Peppermint oil – induces the growth stage of the hair cycle
- It “facilitates hair growth by promoting the conservation of vascularization of hair dermal papilla, which may contribute to the induction of early anagen stage.”
- It increases “the depth, size, and number of hair follicles.”
2. Pumpkin Seed Oil – treatment for mild to moderate androgenetic alopecia
- When taken orally.
- The results of the study showed that pumpkin seed oil (PSO) had a pronounced effect on hair growth compared to the the placebo.
3. Palm oil – prevents water-induced swelling of damaged hair
4. Coconut oil – reduce damage by combing and hygral fatigue
- Coconut oil has been shown to penetrate the hair and reduce keratin loss (J Cosmet Sci. 2003 Mar-Apr;54(2):175-92).
- It can minimize damage by hygral fatigue – stress on the hair strand due to water uptake and eventual evaporation (J Cosmet Sci. 2001 May-Jun;52(3):169-84.).
5. Olive oil – moisturize (yes, moisturize) the hair strand
Olive oil can also penetrate into the cortex (J Cosmet Sci. 2005, p. 299)
6. Avocado oil – moisturize the hair strand
Avocado oil can also penetrate into the cortex