Healthy Hair and Scalp Tips
The following tips have been gleaned from various sources. They can help stop hair loss as well as keeping the hair you have healthy.
Massage your scalp (see the next section to give you step-by-step instructions) with your fingertips (not your nails) daily to stimulate and promote circulation to your scalp.
- When using blow dryers, always keep the heat a good distance from your scalp and hair. Avoid heating the scalp and hair excessively.
- Avoid getting hair creams, lotions, styling gels and sprays directly on the scalp as this can clog your hair follicles.
- After swimming in a pool, shampoo your hair as soon as possible to remove any chlorine residue. Chlorine is extremely damaging to the hair and scalp.
- Avoid over-exposing your hair and scalp to the wind and sun.
- Avoid tight hats and caps as they contribute to poor circulation, depriving the hair…
View original post 453 more words