- Conditioner should also contain low pH. For dry hair, you should use a deep conditioning treatment at least once or twice a week, to help obtain moisture. If you can’t afford one of those (or just don’t feel like buying one), then put a small amount of conditioner into a microwavable bowl and microwave it for 15 seconds before you take a shower; this will turn the conditioner into a deep conditioner.
- Once you are in the shower and have already shampoo-d and rinsed, apply conditioner, working thoroughly from roots to tips. Leave the conditioner in for a few minutes, as this will help it to penetrate the cuticle and moisturize the hair.
- Refrain from washing your hair every day; this will only dry out the hair even more.
- Method 2 of 8: Avocado hair cream treatment
- Make an avocado hair cream. Avocados are great for moisturizing dry skin and dry hair.
- While in the shower, gently massage the inside of the avocado into your scalp and hair.
- Leave for a few minutes. Then rinse out completely.
6. Method 3 of 8: Butter treatment
- Massage a small piece of butter into your locks. Be sure to cover all of the hair right to the scalp and ends.
- Cover the hair with a shower cap. Leave on for 30 minutes.
- Shampoo out the butter. Rinse thoroughly. You will be left with lovely soft hair.
7. Method 4 of 8: Hot oil treatment
- On your next trip to the salon, get a hot oil hair treatment. This will intensely moisturize your hair.
- Have a hot oil treatment at home. There are products available on the market that will enable you to do this.
8. Method 5 of 8: Avoid styling products
- Don’t use too many styling products on your hair. This will only weigh the hair down and make it look greasy and even drier.
- Try not to color your hair. It will also suck moisture out of your hair.
9. Method 6 of 8: Dry your hair with care
- Don’t use the straightener, blow-dryer, or curling iron too often! As an alternative, air dry your hair, or separate into sections and squeeze with a paper towel to dry (this will actually absorb more water than a standard towel).
- If you must use a blow-dryer, straightener, or curling iron, use it on a low heat. Apply a small amount of heat-resistant product to your hair to prevent it from suffering from heat damage.
10. Method 7 of 8: Hats can help
- Wear a hat if you’re out in the sun to prevent it from getting dried out.
11. Method 8 of 8: Stay hydrated and keep up the nutrition
- Drink plenty of water.
- Be sure to get some of those essential fatty acids in your diet; there are plenty in tomatoes and fishes like salmon!